Dynaudio makes some of the best studio monitors and the Dynaudio LYD 5 Near-field monitor with 5″ woofer is a great choice.
• Handcrafted personal reference monitors
• Bi-amped speaker design with state-of-the-art Class-D amplification
• Bass Extension to extend or curtail the low-end frequency response
• Position Switch for better sound when monitors are placed close to a wall
• Sound Balance to influence the overall response of the speaker
• Made in Denmark
With a relatively lightweight construction at 12.6 lb, the monitor secures a quick and accurate transient response, which is essential for critical listening and mixing decisions. Extending from 50 Hz to 21 kHz, the LYD 5 has a 5″ woofer and a 1″ soft dome tweeter and offers several options for tweaking the sound for your environment. Switches are provided for tonal boosting or cutting, to better suit your room placement. These switches are all detented, so you can easily match one speaker to another. An XLR input is provided for pro setups, while an RCA is on hand for the hi-fi enthusiast.